In many cases you need to address certain laws to suit your program or organization. However, laws tend to change so that some things in your organization should be changed too. This is why a legislative proposal is needed to get your proposed plans accepted according to certain laws. This is not easy as you shouldn’t use your own statements, but reference the existing laws instead.
1. Creating Statements. Describe your proposals with brief description. It doesn’t need to be long, but four lines or less are enough. You just need to let the reader know what program is about and why you send the proposal.
2. Writing References. Include the addressed laws you are using to change something in your program. Make sure what you are writing are laws, not your opinions or statements. If there is no law about what you are proposing, you can give some explanation about why you are proposing is required. However, the explanation still should be factual, not rational.
3. Developing Statement. State what you are planning by discussing the problem as the reason why this proposal is written. Don’t provide the solutions in this part. Just add some information about relevant data. It is better that this part is started with action verbs in every sentence.
4. Convincing Reader. Convince your reader by providing specific studies to support what you have stated in the proposal. This is the time to tell the reader that your proposed program is required since there have been some proven methods that have been used. These can be used to promote what you are proposing.
5. Verifying Proposal. Your proposal should be complied with the principles have been set in your region. This document should follow the guidelines of legislation needed to be approved. Get some information about where you can find out the guidelines and principles in your region.
This is not easy creating a legislative proposal because you can’t do this your own. You need to know some fixed guidelines to help you end up with the most appropriate proposal. After verifying you still have to state your population, create a timeline, provide some examples, create a spreadsheet and describe the cost. Find more completed information to help you finish this document properly. How to make this proposal can be different especially in the content because you need to customize it with your need and your program. Just ensure that you come up with the right format.
76 photos of the "Writing Legislative Proposal Template"