Grant funds are limited and you should compete with many other projects who are requesting the same thing as you. This competition is quite tight, so if you don’t make your proposals right, you can be beaten by the other proposals. This is very important to understand how to write a donation proposal properly to give you a bigger opportunity winning the grant funds for your organization. The way you explain your organizations, the activities and how the funds will be used can highly influence the result of your proposal.
• Speaking to Potential Donors. Don’t start writing your proposal before speaking to the donors first. You can’t write a proposal without knowing their requirements for evaluating a proposal. If you send many proposals for different donors, don’t write the same proposal to all of them, but custom each proposal to their needs and requirements. Tailoring the donors’ requirements can give you more chances to win. This is why you should talk to them first to know what kind of organizations they have funded and what proposal format is the most appealing to them. Some donors are only interested in certain fields or programs so you can suit them with your proposal first.
• Providing Analysis. Before describing your program or project, let the readers understand why you are proposing it. There are some reasons why you are planning the programs and you can put them in the forms of analysis based on the actual facts. Your reason might be because there are numerous students dropping out of school and this really happens around you. Not only the analysis, which is the background of your program, but you should also understand the root or problem that causes the program’s background.
• Describing the Project. Now you can describe your project and how it can benefit certain population. This can make the readers understand more about what project you are planning. You can start it by describing using graphics or any media to make the information clearer to state the steps in the project narratively. Visualization can be more appealing and easier to understand. Make sure that you understand this part completely since later you might get questions related about this section and you must be able to answer them properly if you still need the chances to win.
• Laying Out a Financial Plan. Since you are requesting for money, you need to explain how he money will be used. No matter how effective or useful your program is for certain population, you still have to provide this section because the donors will surely want to know about this. It can show them the money will be used efficiently for reaching the projects’ goals. You also need to include some unforeseen expenses in this section because there are always some additional budgets coming.
• Including Brief Explanation. As the one requesting the funds, you have to let the donors know who you are. Provide your biographies and the other important people in the organization in the proposal. Enhance your values by mentioning some related experiences with your project because this will convince your proposal readers that you are capable handling the project. Also, all the top leaders in the organizations mentioned in the biographies should have the knowledge and experience related with the field of the projects as a proof that this project is going to be finished successfully with all skillful people working in it. Don’t forget to add the contacts of the top leaders in the proposal.
The most important thing to do before sending a donation proposal is surely how it suits the requirements from the donors. Get more information about how they evaluate your proposal will help you write it properly because you already know what should and should not be included in the document. The provided information should be simple, clear and easy to understand to present the programs you are proposing.
69 photos of the "How to Write a Good Donation Proposal Template"