Corporate with the government is one of the most effective ways to grow your business. Government agencies can give you billions of dollars to buy your services or products and it is surely required for increasing your business development. To reach such a goal, you need to prepare a well-written and convincing proposal for getting the contract.
• Finding Information. Although there are some similarities between the government contract proposals and business proposals especially in the format, you still have to find as much information as possible from the government channels to ensure you are putting the right things in the proposal. The application should be suited to the federal agencies because there will be places you are submitting your proposal to.
• Following Requirements. Business proposals commonly have similar requirements, so you can use the standard format while following the instructions and requirements set by the government agencies to get you approved. GSA requirements usually provide some instructions bidder needs to stick to for writing the document.
• Targeting Prospective Client. When it is about writing a government contract proposal, the target client is no doubt the government agency. You need to understand some information about the agency such as the budgets, goals, and missions. Find information about who is responsible for receiving and reading the proposal in the agency is also important to do.
• Tailor the Client. You need to understand the clients well to tailor their needs. Make sure to do proper and deep research to get more information about them. Your proposal should be specific and clear, which means it is made only for one client to provide solutions based on their problems. Put yourself in their shoes and think. What would you want to get from the bidders if you are the agency? Why your products or services are needed by them? Some questions should be made to end up with a good proposal that provides everything the clients need from you for solving their problems.
• Customizing the Old Proposal. Just because you are making a specific proposal to tailor the clients, it doesn’t mean that you should always write a new one. Some similar pages in your previous proposals can be still used with some customization made. Tailoring means that you need to suit the content of the proposal with the clients’ needs, but some parts of your proposal might be general and can be used for many different clients.
• Following General Order. If you are worried about how to write your proposal properly, check some proposals from the GSA website to see the general order of the format. Most proposals are started with an introduction using the standard format from GSA with the information included is varied for different companies and offerings.
• Providing the Right Content in Each section. Make sure you know what should be included in each section and how long it needs to be. For example, the Title Page that consists of an introduction should be brief and clear with providing only information about who you are and the contact of the company. Learn what is required in each section to help you write each of them properly. Since this is a government contract proposal, then each section should follow the government requirements. That is why checking at some proposals in the official websites would be very helpful to give you an image of what a good proposal looks like.
You can make this proposal writing simpler by using templates that are ready to use. This will give you the ready-to-use format you can simply modify to provide the required information for tailoring the clients’ needs.