Most business proposals are started with an executive summary. This section is usually a summary of your proposal and is commonly made last even if it is located at the beginning. There are many ways to write an executive summary, but the most effective is to summarize the whole content of the proposal to let the clients engaged and interested in reading more. Here are some tips to help you end up with a successful executive summary that sells your business.
• Working with a Nice Introduction. Always start your executive summary with attractive sentences or phrases in case the clients don’t have time to read the other sections of the proposal, at least they have been attracted with the introduction. You can highlight the most valuable things from your company to make this part shining. Since your main purpose is to sell something, then you just need to do this properly to make them buy what you are offering because you have what they need.
• Aiming the Audience. Your focus in writing an executive summary is to provide solutions for your clients so they can buy your products or services. Show them you completely understand their current issues by providing relevant solutions. This is how you can aim the audience to sell your offerings. You need to state each issue followed by the solution to help them understand that you are tailoring each of them properly.
• Identifying Goals. Although you have provided some solutions, you need to state the results of your solutions to make them convinced that you are not just bragging about some good offerings. To provide the best goals and solutions, you must research to understand what your clients need. You must know what they want to get from your offerings. If they don’t get what they want, they have no reason in signing a contract with you.
• Avoiding General Statements. Don’t just provide general information, but make it unique and specific to make you stand out among the other competitors. Remember that you have many competitors in winging the heart of the clients. If you don’t make it right, you will lose the big opportunity to be selected. Always promise something that you can give, don’t just state anything as long as you can make them interested. That is why reviewing and editing your executive summary might necessary because you need to know whether or not the information provided is valuable.
• Paying Attention to Every Element. Never underestimate a small element in your proposal because a slight and simple mistake will make your proposal unprofessional. So, don’t forget to check any error, even the smallest one. Never leave out anything if you want it to be successful.
• Using a Template. If you find it difficult to start and finish, you can use a template to help you easily complete your proposal. A template is simple since it allows you to just use the available format by customizing the information in each section to suit your needs. There are many free templates to use, so it is very easy to help you come up with the help and solution.
By providing a nice executive summary, attracting the clients’ interest in reading your proposal more and more is easier. This is the key to an awesome proposal since this will be the first part the clients read from the proposal. Always make your proposal unique, valuable, beneficial and interesting. If you make more than one proposal, customize each of them to suit the needs and requirements of different clients to ensure each of them get their problems addressed.
67 photos of the "Executive Summary Template for Proposal"