Your experience and ability to design an event are precious, but your potential clients might not know about them if you don’t write a good proposal. It is very important to build your business by increasing the number of clients, so here are some things to do to structure your event management proposal.
• The Cover. The first thing the proposal readers would check before reading is surely the title, so it should be well-written. The title should be followed with the recipient information started with Prepared For and write the complete name of the recipient under that Prepared For line, right down one space below the name is the company name, and one more single space below it is the event name and date. Go some spaces below this recipient information to write the sender’s information titled Prepared By and write your full name a single space under it with one more single space below the name is the date when the proposal made. This two information should be centered right on some spaces below the proposal title. The size of the title should be big, but the sender and recipient information are in the standard size.
• About Us. This is where you introduce who you are because your clients need to know this first before knowing what you are offering. You should provide brief information about your great skills in designing events and that is why you list the clients who have worked with you as well to support your statements. It is so much better to not only list the names of the previous clients, but also their testimonials completed with their pictures. Ask the permission of the clients first before putting pictures because some of them might not like it. Interview your last customers to check what they think about services.
• What We Do. List all the things that you can do related to managing an event. There are some common skills event management must be able to do, so this part is simple because you just need to list all the things that you have done in your industry in terms of skills.
• Why Work with Us. Remember that you are not the only event management, so you need to provide some reasons why hiring you are a great idea. So, list all your great qualifications and resources such as technology, professional teams and many other qualifications that you think are important to include for encouraging the clients in accepting your offerings.
• The Event. Make a table and list some required information about the event such as the date, venue, attendance and requested service. In this section, you should also include the name of the event manager that would be responsible for designing and planning the event and that he or she will work with a team including you as the writer to handle the event. The pricing is also put in this section in the form of a table for easy understanding. List the services, price, discount, and total.
The services could be the design event, catering, and security. Each type of service should be briefly explained in their rows in the table to let the reader knows what things would be your responsibility under the catering service or security service. For example, the catering at a certain price might come with only appetizer and dessert so explain it briefly just to give the recipient an image about what you would do for them under the service name.
• The Terms. The last part of your proposal is the Terms, which is recommended to be made legally considering that the recipient and sender would both sign in this document, which means all the rights and duties of each party should be done and given to each other. Include all the terms including the agreement, services description, payment terms, and changes. All of the terms should be well written because a contract would be based on that. Each section in this part must be carefully written with the proper content to ensure you are telling the readers the right information. In the end, you can close this with the acceptance with the signing spaces for the sender and recipient.
This is hard to complete this proposal properly if you don’t have any experience, so get some templates you can customize to save your energy. You can have the same headings of the templates, but the content should be suited to what you are offering. Your offered events should be the ones that are unique and beneficial for the business of your clients and they should be well prepared to get their interests.
63 photos of the "Writing a Successful Event Management Proposal Template"