Going on a trip is expensive, but you can make it cheaper if you are not only traveling but also doing your business. Make sure that the trip should give your business something such as funding, improved skills or going out together annually or anything that you need to make it bigger. Proposing a business trip requires good planning since a company can’t just let their employees go out without any good reasons.
• Detailed Planning. Put things into the smallest details including when the trip started, where you want to go and how long you will be on the trip. The most important in this part is to state the goals of the trip and why it is good for you to go. As long as the goals are providing benefits for the business, a trip proposal is easy to accept.
• Listed Materials. During your trip, you need some things to use and they should be listed. Make sure that all items listed are the ones needed for achieving the goals of the trip, not to used individually.
• Budget Set. The two sections above help you decide the budget required for the trip. It all depends on the locations, the length of the trip and the materials needed. When asking for money you need to explain where the cost will go properly.
• Getting Started. The proposal should be started with the project introduction since the readers need to know what it is all about. State the outcomes of the project that you expect based on the goals that have been set. The requested budget should be also properly used and it must be explained in this part to ensure that you are not just asking budget, but you have planned how it will be used. Make this part as a unity because you need to make it simple and short. Just find a template and customize it because this kind of proposal doesn’t require a very long and full explanation pages.
• Reviewing. Read your proposal once it finished, but you can also ask your other co-workers to read it since the writer of the proposal might not realize the errors and mistakes there. It is best to first make the draft before the proposal and the draft can be checked by your co-workers first for any suggestions of what else should be added.
If this is an annual trip, you can write the proposal along with some people or make an agreement first to ensure the proposal is suitable for all the needs of the staff working in the company considering that the trip should be comfortable enough for all the employees going along together. Depending on the type of your business trip, you might need different format or sections, so you can be more specific when looking for templates.